The proposals are not yet finalised but will comprise a mix of uses in order to make the most efficient and effective use of this site. At this stage, key elements of the proposed development include:
- New housing, approximately half of which will be family-sized accommodation (three or more bedrooms), and a significant proportion of the proposed housing will be dedicated as affordable housing.
- New shops, providing a range of jobs of different types (plus training and career development opportunities).
- A pub and hotel.
- New high quality landscaped public open space (over 2,000 sqm) which will include play equipment and will be linked with the surrounding area via a series of footpaths and routes;
- A comprehensive landscaping strategy as well as road works which will create access links throughout the site and improve its appearance.
- A new bus link, route and stops which will improve the area’s transport infrastructure and services.
In addition to the “on-site” works, we are also working closely with representatives from St Paul’s and St Agnes’ Church in connection with the delivery of a new church hall/community building and doctors’ surgery at their site on Whitley Wood Lane. This will enable St Paul’s to modernise and expand its facilities and rehouse popular groups such as the Playbarn.